Hello my lovely friends,
as some of you know, I have a little passion for baking, and I love to try new recipes. Since last fall, my interest in banana bread has been aroused. I have seen it everywhere. No matter on which social media platform. The banana bread was already there. Soon you were able to get ready-made baking mixture in supermarkets, but that’s not what I wanted. I wanted a self-made banana bread. That’s why I did some research on the internet. Trying to find the best vegan recipe, and this it what I came up with.
Ingredients for the best vegan banana bread
- Loaf pan
- 400 grammes ripe bananas (peeled)
- 80 grammes tasteless oil (e.g. sunflower oil)
- 80 grammes brown sugar
- 250 grammes flour
- 10 grammes baking powder
- 150 grammes nuts of your choice (hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, or walnuts), or
- 150 grammes vegan chocolate, or
- 150 grammes strawberries, or
- 150 grammes of whatever you want ♥
How to make the best vegan banana bread
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees, fan assisted. Grease the loaf pan and coat it everywhere with a thin layer of flour.
- Peel the bananas. It is not necessary to have overripe bananas. Ripe bananas with brown spots are sufficient. However, do not take bananas that still have green spots! It is easier to crush ripe bananas with a fork now. There can still be some chunks left.
- Add the brown sugar and oil. According to experts, oil leads to a fluffier result, while butter leads to a particularly dense result. If you are looking for a very dense and juicy banana bread, butter would be the better choice, but butter is no longer vegan. Remember that!
- Sift the flour into the bowl, as well as the baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir the dough only briefly with the fork.
- Now add the additional ingredient you want. In my case I choose 150 grammes hazelnuts. Roast the nuts in a frying pan without fat until light traces of roast have formed. Also add to the dough.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake the banana bread for about 50 minutes. After about 40 minutes I cover the cake with aluminium foil, otherwise it will get too dark.
- Enjoy it!
As you can see, it is super easy to bake your own banana bread. Just try, and show me 🙂